Snaking into View…

Because my brush has now officially died (and new ones are lost in the post somewhere between here and Liverpool) I don’t feel comfortable working on the commission, which meant tonight I found time to do something I haven’t done since I was a kid!

That’s right… Paint board game pieces!

DSC00630

These are my eight, brand spanking, new Vipers from the board game Battlestar Galactica. They are probably about an inch long, but they look fabulous.

Although I play my fair share of plastic heavy board games such as Heroquest, Space Crusade and D&D the pay off to painting the pieces just never seems to justify the time, but with these I couldn’t resist.

The whole squadron took about 5 or 6 hours to do, which means the 16 Cylon raiders will take double that… sigh. For those who are interested the colours I used were as follows:

Primer: Black Primer (Game Craft)

Undercoat: 2/3 Earth Brown 1/3 Dark Grey (Game Craft)

Midtone: 2/3 Earth Brown 1/3 White (Game Craft)

Highlight: 3/4 White 1/4 Earth Brown (Game Craft)

Stripes: Burgundy highlighted with Deep Red (Game Craft)

Windows: Blue Grey (Game Craft)

Tail pipes and Guns: Blue Grey (Game Craft) washed with Flesh Wash, followed by black inks (Vallejo). Although you can’t see them, the exhausts are White washed with Yellow Vajello ink.

I know this is a little different from my usual fair, but I like to mix it up. Hopefully I will have new brushes by the next time I post (and new batteries for my camera too.)

Until then, keep modelling and gaming… and so say we all!

Comments