The Helping Hand Challenge

For those who don’t know about Minis by Finch, it’s an excellent site full of beautifully painted minis by a chap called Finch. We’ve both admired each others work for years and I thought it would be cool to do something together, so I came up with the Helping Hand Challenge.

Our aim is to paint one miniature from Otherworld’s DAB 4 boxset a month starting in June 2014 and finishing in May 2015.

However, we’d like to spread the love and open this challenge out to other bloggers too, so here are the rules:

    1. You must own the DAB4 Boxset
    2. You must own a blog
    3. You must paint one miniature a month in the order shown below
    4. You must post your results on the last day of each month
    5. You must include a link to each other participating blog

That’s it.

This is the order:

June Porter
July Mule Handler
August Mule
September Linkboy
October Scribe
November Pack Bearer
December Squire
January Lantern Bearer
February Dwarf Merc
March Crossbow Merc
April Spearman Merc
May Sergeant

(it’s also the order the minis appear on the card sleeve on the set)

If you want to join in please post a link to your blog in the comments with the words “I’m in” (if you miss two consecutive months I will remove you from the participants list). I will update this on June 1st with a full list of participating blogs so everyone knows who is playing along.

And most of all, have fun and enjoy painting some beautiful models.

Comments

  1. Hello, your blog is a great tool for fans to wargames, thank you for your wonderful entries. I've nominated for the Liebster Awards: http://karavatis.blogspot.com.es/2014/05/blog-ganador-del-liebster-awards.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm champing at the bit. Excellent minis... should be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Duke, I'd like to join in. May paint a bit faster than suggested however if I do I can always schedule the post for the deadlines indicated. Now if I can only finish the last two of my Demi Human adventurers.

    A

    http://deviantdesigns.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is it OK to repost the above on my blog?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not only is it okay, its encouraged :-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd love to give this a try, but like a number of others, I'm still waiting on my rewards from the Otherworld Indiegogo campaign.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment