Zomtober–Supreme Zed

It’s October and that means that it’s time for Zomtober and this year I’ve decided to take part. Now… now… I know what you guys are all screaming at your computer monitors right now but no, I did not forget about last months challenge. I did however fail it. Hopefully I’ll get some pics up of what I did manage to complete but basically I did two dwarves to completion, two more to the details stage and two to block colours.

My lack of progress lately is due to many things, light is the primary one but time is also a concern especially with the fresher's starting back last week and the rest of the university this week. However that is all just excuses and I’m sure if I put my mind to it I can get some more painting done this month.

So what is Zomtober?

The rules

The Zomtober rules are simple. To take part you just need to paint one Zombie or Survivor (or more!) each week, in any scale you like, posting it to your blog by the Sunday (we use Sunday's as the end of each Zomtober week). So that means one or more minis each week on or before the 4th, 11th, 18th and 25th of October 2015.

Sounds simple enough, so what am I painting? Well, in a bid to kickstart my Pulp City painting again I’ve decided to work on some Supremes from the Necroplane. First up is Supreme Zed.

PA041158

Zed’s colours are inspired by the character art, although I made the decision to lighten the traditional brown to an earthy orange.

PA041160

His cape might need a little more weathering towards the tips but overall I’m pretty happy except for a few bits of tidying up. I may also rebase him as there is a little too much frosting from the glue and he is a leaning a little bit.

Anyway for a first entry I’m pretty happy. Zed is my 30th Pulp City mini to be finished, hopefully once I have some more terrain built I’ll actually get round to posting some more of my finished paint jobs here. Next I plan to work on Night Fright & Leech, Doom Train and to finish I’m thinking Soul Golem (although technically not a zombie I think he should count!)

Make sure to check out the other members of the Zomtober crew.

Zomtober 2015 blog roll:

  1. Fantorical - Blaxkleric
  2. Fiends in Waistcoats - Robert Audin
  3. Chris' Miniature Woes - Chris Hird
  4. 28mm Victorian Warfare - Michael Awdry
  5. Never Mind The Jankers! - Roy Williamson
  6. Cheaphammer!!! - Kieron
  7. Deviant Designs Deeds - Ant Master
  8. Game Mayhem - Nobody667

Until next time, have fun painting.

The Duke

Comments

  1. Top notch, Chris. The orange-yellow & red combo is a winner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Finch. I've been trying new paints (Coat d'arms) I found the orange a little watery and a little shiny so I'm glad you think it works!

      Delete
  2. That is great, love supers and that is top notch. Keep it up.

    Cheers Roger,

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how I missed this Chris! The paint-job looks great to me, and for me a classic in a range I love. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leon. Doomtrain is done now too, great mini! Really rewards taking your time!

      Delete
  4. Cracking bit of painting. Nice one

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment