Building Bridges - Part 10 Inserts

So, the alley is coming on, here's a shot of the three bridges together to give you an idea of what I'm aiming for.



Today's work has consisted of a fair amount of photoshop and very little painting. 


First up I wanted to try the idea of having a mural inside one of the arches. Using photoshop I bashed this together and then added some random graffiti. This is attached to the back of the insert, meaning I could paint the other side and flip it round (to make use of the billboard). 


The other insert is this alleyway which connects to the high street. Here I wanted to try creating this kind of effect


It didn't really work, maybe I can fix it by concentrating on the edges. Regardless, I used Agrellan Earth, a GW technical paint which blisters as it dries (you can see some of the effect around the archway). This gave the bricks a nice texture. I also removed some bricks from the archway to give it that derelict feeling.  

The whole thing probably needs a little more work but I'm happy enough with it for now.

Hope you like,

The Duke

Comments

  1. That looks great!
    You obviously are a big Star Wars fan 😃.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wouter. There are other things I'm a bigger fan of but there is so much fan art for Star Wars its an easy target for projects like this.

      Delete
  2. More lovely work on those inserts. Kudos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being a huge Star Wars fan it certainly gets my seal of approval. Not herd of Agrellan Earth before, so might have to give that a go.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment